Deeper by Blue Ashcroft

Deeper - Blue Ashcroft

I didn't care for the story and thought the characters were superficial.  Rain and Knight are the most self-centered and illogical people on the face of the planet. Thank god they're pretty though, right?

I'm sorry, but I don't find anything appealing about a book in which the main female character is groped and grabbed by male co-workers and customers over and over again. If Rain experienced several unwanted or suggestive comments by men because she's a pretty young woman, then I would find her experiences to be somewhat believable because we live in a society that objectifies women and sexism remains a very real problem. However, the number of times Rain is almost raped is not only unbelievable, but it's a completely sexist depiction of men.

It's incredibly offensive that Knight is the only "decent" male character in this book - and it's only because he's traumatized by the rape of his ex-girlfriend. One look at Rain and men lose all their senses. Apparently Knight is the only one who can protect her. Most of the men I know are very protective of women and even if they notice (and appreciate) a beautiful woman, they don't act like sex fiends who are unable to control themselves. It's demeaning to men and women alike. I don't like it one bit.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for permitting me to read an advance readers copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.