Breathless by Brigid Kemmerer

Breathless - Brigid Kemmerer

To quote one of the characters in this little novella, "That was unexpected."

No kidding. And I loved every second reading

it.It's difficult to rate Breathless because it's an incomplete story. However, there is a twist revealed about Nick that I certainly didn't expect. Of the four Merrick brothers, readers know the least about Nick. I am really happy that I was able to get a glimpse at Nick's thoughts and learn about some of the issues his character will encounter in upcoming books.

There's something really addictive about the Elemental books. This paranormal series isn't my favorite, but the Merrick brothers are very intriguing and distinct characters. I can't help wanting to know more about them even though there are other things going on in the books that are, at times, very exaggerated or highly unrealistic. One such example is Quinn's entire existence. I still don't like her character, but she's here to stay and I guess I can tolerate her. For now.

Breathless is a fun, short read that will leave you anxious to get your hands on the next book in this series, which will be released next month.

Thank you to the publisher, Kensington Books, and Netgalley for allowing me to read an Advance Readers Copy of this book.